Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares and bakes cakes, cookies, pies, puddings, or desserts, according to recipe: Measures ingredients, using measuring cups and spoons.
- 2) Mixes ingredients to form dough or batter, using electric mixer or beats and stirs ingredients by hand.
- 3) Shapes dough for cookies, pies, and fancy pastries, using pie dough roller and cookie cutters or by hand.
- 4) Places shaped dough portions in greased or floured pans and inserts them in oven, using long-handled paddle.
- 5) Adjusts drafts or thermostatic controls to regulate oven temperatures.
- 6) Prepares and cooks ingredients for pie fillings, puddings, custards, or other desserts.
- 7) Pours filling into pie shells and tops filling with meringue or cream.
- 8) Mixes ingredients to make icings.
- 9) Decorates cakes and pastries.
- 10) Blends colors for icings and for shaped sugar ornaments and statuaries.
- 11) May specialize in preparing one or more types of pastry or dessert when employed in large establishment.
- 12) May oversee work of patients assigned to kitchen for work therapy purposes when working in psychiatric hospital.
Is being a "COOK, PASTRY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COOK, PASTRY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COOK, PASTRY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COOK, PASTRY"
Job Number: 2329