Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cooks fruits, vegetables, meats, condiments, or fish products, preparatory to canning or extraction of byproducts, using cooking equipment: Weighs or measures ingredients according to recipe, using scale or graduated container.
- 2) Loads ingredients into kettle or pressure cooker.
- 3) Observes thermometer and gauges, turns valve to admit steam to pressure cookers or lights gas burner to heat and cook contents of kettles.
- 4) Stirs mixture in kettle to blend and prevent scorching of contents, using hand or power-driven paddles.
- 5) Observes cooking process or tests batch liquor with viscosimeter or hydrometer to verify viscosity or specific gravity and to ascertain completeness of cooking process.
- 6) Starts pump, opens valve, or tilts or scoops contents of kettle into container to unload cooked contents.
- 7) May test batch for sugar content, using refractometer.
- 8) May mix ingredients prior to cooking.
- 9) May be designated according to material cooked as Cook, Fish Eggs; Cook, Fruit; Cook, Jelly; Cook, Juice; Cook, Sauce; Cook, Starch.
- 10) May be designated: Cook, Mayonnaise; Cook, Pickled Meat; Cook, Preserve; Cook, Seafood; Cook, Spaghetti; Cook, Vegetable.
Is being a "COOK, KETTLE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COOK, KETTLE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COOK, KETTLE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COOK, KETTLE"
Job Number: 2325