Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists COOK, KETTLE to cook food products, such as juices, meats, fruits, or preserves, preparatory to canning or preserving, performing any combination of following duties: Weighs or measures ingredients, such as sugar, salt, meat, lard, berries, or fruit, according to formula, using platform scale, weighing hopper, and measuring containers.
- 2) Transfers materials to cooking area by hand or handtruck.
- 3) Turns valves to admit steam to kettle-heating jacket, and dumps ingredients into kettle to precook or melt them.
- 4) Cleans cooking kettles and containers, using water and pressurized steam.
- 5) May stir contents of cooking kettle with paddle and skim off foam or foreign materials, using ladle or spoon.
- 6) May stack and tally containers.
- 7) May be designated according to food product being processed as Cook Helper, Fruit; Cook Helper, Juice; Cook Helper, Meat; Cook Helper, Preserves.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "COOK HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COOK HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COOK HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COOK HELPER"
Job Number: 2317