Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends conveyor or conveyor system that moves materials or products by belt, auger, or bucket conveyors to and from stockpiles, bins, silos, processing operations, or departments, or to load and unload railroad cars and trucks: Moves levers or pushes buttons to start conveyor.
- 2) Loads conveyor by hand, lift, or hoist or by opening gates, chutes, or hoppers.
- 3) Observes movement of materials or products on conveyor and dislodges jams, using pole, bar, handtools, or by hand.
- 4) Notifies supervisor of equipment malfunction.
- 5) Lubricates moving parts, using grease gun and oilcan.
- 6) May position deflector bars, gates, chutes, or spouts to divert flow of materials from one conveyor onto another conveyor.
- 7) May move and assemble portable conveyor sections and plug in electric cords to start conveyors.
- 8) May clean work area, using shovel and broom.
- 9) May tend conveyor motors in grain elevator and be designated Grain-Elevator-Motor Starter.
Is being a "CONVEYOR TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CONVEYOR TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CONVEYOR TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CONVEYOR TENDER"
Job Number: 2304