Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs and drafts systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment, such as arc welders, robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, applying knowledge of electricity, electronics, hydraulics, and pneumatics: Discusses project with SUPERVISOR Master Title and APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING to review functions of machines and equipment.
- 2) Designs and drafts arrangement of linkage of conductors, relays, and other components of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and lubrication devices, using drafting tools, and applying knowledge of electrical engineering and drafting.
- 3) Diagrams logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control.
- 4) Designs and drafts diagrams of cable connection for robots, robot end-of-arm tool, robot controller, and other machines.
- 5) Illustrates and describes installation and maintenance details, such as where bearings should be lubricated, types of lubrication, and which parts are lubricated automatically and manually.
- 6) Confers with ASSEMBLER AND WIRER, INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT to resolve problems regarding building of controls systems.
- 7) Reviews schematics with customer's representatives to answer questions during installation of robot systems.
- 8) Observes gauges during trial run of programmed machine and equipment operation to verify that electrical signals in system conform to specifications.
- 9) May design controls for energy conversion or other industrial plant monitoring systems.
- 10) May use computer and software programs to produce design drawings and be designated Controls Designer, Computer-Assisted.
Is being a "CONTROLS DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CONTROLS DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CONTROLS DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CONTROLS DESIGNER"
Job Number: 2295