Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends heating equipment and hydraulic casting press that casts plastic contact lenses: Lays separate top and bottom sections of previously set up mold on heated metal block for specified time.
- 2) Fills lens cavities in heated mold with plastic powder.
- 3) Aligns guide pins and holes to join top and bottom sections of mold.
- 4) Places filled mold on bed of press, sets timer, and starts press to lower ram until dial indicates mold sections are under specified pressure.
- 5) Removes mold from press.
- 6) Inspects first run of lenses to verify accuracy of lens power, using power determining and optical centering instrument.
- 7) Reports defects in new molds.
Is being a "CONTACT-LENS MOLDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CONTACT-LENS MOLDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CONTACT-LENS MOLDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CONTACT-LENS MOLDER"
Job Number: 2264