Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cleans, restores, and preserves archeological specimens and historical artifacts according to accepted chemical and physical techniques and training in archeological science: Cleans and repairs or reinforces specimens, such as weapons, mummified remains, and pottery, using handtools and prescribed chemical agents.
- 2) Restores artifacts by polishing, joining together broken fragments, or other procedures, using handtools, power tools, and acid, chemical, or electrolytic corrosion-removal baths.
- 3) Treats specimens to prevent or minimize deterioration, according to accepted procedures.
- 4) Records treatment of each artifact.
- 5) Prepares reports of activities.
- 6) May plan and conduct research to improve methods of restoring and preserving specimen.
Is being a "CONSERVATOR, ARTIFACTS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CONSERVATOR, ARTIFACTS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CONSERVATOR, ARTIFACTS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CONSERVATOR, ARTIFACTS"
Job Number: 2248