Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls open-fire or steam-jacketed kettles or batch or continuous pressure cookers to cook candy, gum, or other confectionery ingredients according to formula: Weighs or measures ingredients, such as sugar, corn syrup, butter, and gum base, and adds them to cooking utensil.
- 2) Starts agitators to mix ingredients.
- 3) Turns valve to admit steam and sets pressure gauge and thermostat to cook ingredients at specified temperature.
- 4) Feels batch for specified consistency and verifies percentage of sugar in syrup, using refractometer or hydrometer.
- 5) Adjusts steam valve and heating element accordingly.
- 6) Opens discharge valve and starts pump or tilts cooker or kettle to pour or dump confection into beaters or onto cooling belts or tables.
- 7) May partially cook batch in open kettle and pump it into pressure cooker.
- 8) May beat or knead confection to attain specified consistency, as determined by color and texture.
- 9) May shovel fondant into remelt kettles and add measured amounts of flavoring and coloring.
- 10) May be designated according to type of confectionery cooked as Bonbon-Cream Warmer; Crystal-Syrup Maker; Coconut Cooker; Fondant Cooker; Gum Maker; or equipment used as Vacuum-Cooker Operator.
- 11) May be designated: Icing Maker; King Maker; Marshmallow Maker.
Is being a "CONFECTIONERY COOKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CONFECTIONERY COOKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CONFECTIONERY COOKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CONFECTIONERY COOKER"
Job Number: 2243