Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of switch-engine crew engaged in switching railroad cars within yard of railroad, industrial plant, or similar location to facilitate loading and unloading of cars or making up and breaking up of trains: Notifies YARD ENGINEER of switching orders and, whereby, which cars are to be moved to specified locations of yard, using radio, telephone, verbal, or hand signals.
- 2) Gives instructions to SWITCH TENDER to throw track switches and to YARD COUPLER to couple and uncouple cars.
- 3) May keep records, number, origin, destination, and cargo of cars switched.
- 4) May coordinate activities of switching crew from locomotive cab, caboose, or control tower.
- 5) May assist workers to couple and uncouple cars, throw track switches, or other activities involved in switching railroad cars, as necessary.
- 6) May supervise workers engaged in maintenance and repair of diesel locomotives and be designated Locomotive-Engine Supervisor.
Is being a "CONDUCTOR, YARD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CONDUCTOR, YARD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CONDUCTOR, YARD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CONDUCTOR, YARD"
Job Number: 2239