"COMPUTER SYSTEMS HARDWARE ANALYST"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes data processing requirements to plan data processing system that will provide system capabilities required for projected work loads, and plans layout and installation of new system or modification of existing system: Confers with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities of existing system and capabilities required for data processing projects and projected work load.
- 2) Evaluates factors such as number of departments serviced by data processing equipment, reporting formats required, volume of transactions, time requirements and cost constraints, and need for security and access restrictions to determine hardware configurations.
- 3) Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and system, that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation, and effective use of allotted space.
- 4) May enter data into computer terminal to store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- 5) May specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- 6) May recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- 7) May specialize in one area of system application or in one type or make of equipment.
- 8) May train users to use new or modified equipment.
- 9) May monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
Is being a "COMPUTER SYSTEMS HARDWARE ANALYST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COMPUTER SYSTEMS HARDWARE ANALYST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COMPUTER SYSTEMS HARDWARE ANALYST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COMPUTER SYSTEMS HARDWARE ANALYST"
Job Number: 2212