"COMPUTER PROCESSING SCHEDULER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Schedules work for computer processing and monitors execution of schedule, using software and computer terminal: Reviews computer processing job requests received from programmers and computer users, and talks with programmers and users to determine processing requirements, such as computer time and memory required, and priority.
- 2) Develops processing schedule, using computer terminal and job scheduling software.
- 3) Reviews completed schedule to detect conflicts and ensure availability of memory and other computer resources, using computer terminal.
- 4) Talks with programmers and users to resolve conflicts in schedule.
- 5) Enters commands to ensure that new processing jobs do not hinder computer operation, following programmers' specifications.
- 6) Monitors computer terminal display to detect problem, and to ensure that data entered are correct and that jobs will run as scheduled.
- 7) Corrects problem, such as failure of program to run, or program running incorrect sequence.
- 8) May establish guidelines for scheduling work.
- 9) May train other workers in use of scheduling software.
Is being a "COMPUTER PROCESSING SCHEDULER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COMPUTER PROCESSING SCHEDULER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COMPUTER PROCESSING SCHEDULER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COMPUTER PROCESSING SCHEDULER"
Job Number: 2208