Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks in establishment making compressed and liquefied gas: Loads cylinders or ton containers on vehicles, using handtruck or chain hoist, and records type and quantity of cylinders.
- 2) Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, such as dents, cracks, and burns, and rolls cylinders to designated work area.
- 3) Removes valves and installs reconditioned valves on cylinders, using wrenches.
- 4) Connects exhaust manifold to cylinders and turns valve to draw off residual gas.
- 5) Bounces or hammers cylinders to loosen rust and scale, and inserts water, steam, and air nozzles and turns valves to clean and dry cylinders.
- 6) Tests filled cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve.
- 7) Weighs filled cylinders on platform scale and records weight.
- 8) Screws protection cap over valve and ties warning and identification tags on cylinder.
- 9) Wraps cakes of dry ice in paper and stores them in icehouse.
- 10) May clean cylinder exteriors with wire brush.
- 11) May place cylinders on heating rack to expand gas to ensure complete removal.
- 12) May be known according to work performed as Blow-Off Worker; Cylinder Handler; Cylinder Valver; Hoist-Cylinder Loader; Ice Handler; Valve Steamer.
- 13) May be designated: Cylinder Checker; Cylinder Devalver; Cylinder Steamer; Ton-Container Shipper.
Is being a "COMPRESSED-GAS-PLANT WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COMPRESSED-GAS-PLANT WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COMPRESSED-GAS-PLANT WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COMPRESSED-GAS-PLANT WORKER"
Job Number: 2200