"COMPOSITION-ROLL MAKER AND CUTTER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machines to mold and cut composition rubber rollers used to coat or lithograph tinware: Dumps cold rubber in melting reservoir of machine and turns steam valves to melt rubber.
- 2) Starts agitator to stir melting rubber.
- 3) Places core of roller in molding chamber of machine, using hoist.
- 4) Bolts plates on ends of molding chamber, using wrench.
- 5) Turns air valve to force melted rubber into mold, and turns water valves to cool mold.
- 6) Removes molded roller and places it in chuck of cutting machine.
- 7) Installs knives on cutting bar.
- 8) Positions bar and turns crank to rotate chuck and cut circumference or end of roller.
- 9) Replaces worn felt coverings on padding rollers.
- 10) Slips felt jackets over roller core and sews end of felt around roll, using needle.
- 11) Sorts and stacks rolls in rack.
- 12) Records number and type of rolls, cores, and materials used, shipped, or received.
Is being a "COMPOSITION-ROLL MAKER AND CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COMPOSITION-ROLL MAKER AND CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COMPOSITION-ROLL MAKER AND CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COMPOSITION-ROLL MAKER AND CUTTER"
Job Number: 2184