Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects parts for defects in finish and dimensions, using machine that projects magnified shadows of parts on screen: Reads specifications of part to ascertain form and degree to be magnified.
- 2) Draws enlarged outline of part to scale on chart, using scribers, dividers, and straightedge.
- 3) Places chart over translucent glass disk of comparator machine.
- 4) Inserts specified lens into machine and adjusts mirrors to magnify parts.
- 5) Positions and secures parts on machine table.
- 6) Turns light on and moves levers of machine to bring shadows of parts into focus with chart outline.
- 7) Inspects shadows for imperfections of finish and incorrect dimensions.
- 8) Prepares reports of findings.
- 9) May rotate part in holding fixture to examine surfaces and to verify concentricity of parts.
Is being a "COMPARATOR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COMPARATOR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COMPARATOR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COMPARATOR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2172