Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Creates and designs graphic material for use as ornamentation, illustration, advertising, or cosmetic on manufactured materials and packaging: Receives assignment from customer or supervisor.
- 2) Studies traditional, period, and contemporary design styles and motifs to obtain perspective.
- 3) Reviews marketing trends and preferences of target and related markets.
- 4) Integrates findings with personal interests, knowledge of design, and limitations presented by methods and materials.
- 5) Creates, draws, modifies, and changes design to achieve desired effect.
- 6) Confers with customer or supervisor regarding approval or desired changes to design.
- 7) May be required to have specialized knowledge of material designed.
- 8) May prepare original artwork and design model.
- 9) May perform related duties, such as fabricating silk screens, drawing full size patterns, or cutting stencils.
- 10) May work with specific items, such as signs, packaging, wallpaper, ceramics, tile, glassware, monograms, crests, emblems, or embroidery.
- 11) See INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER for workers who design both product form and associated graphic materials.
Is being a "COMMERCIAL DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COMMERCIAL DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COMMERCIAL DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COMMERCIAL DESIGNER"
Job Number: 2153