"COMMANDING OFFICER, MOTOR EQUIPMENT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in repairing, maintaining, and modifying motor vehicles used by municipal or metropolitan police force: Plans and schedules departmental activities to maintain police vehicles in operating condition.
- 2) Reviews complaints about police vehicle malfunctions from field units and assigns technical research teams to develop corrective modifications or orders repairs.
- 3) Evaluates work performance of immediate subordinates and reviews evaluations of other division personnel.
- 4) Disciplines workers for infractions of rules and regulations.
- 5) Reviews productivity records of work force and operating procedures to identify work areas requiring improvements, and revises procedures.
- 6) Discusses grievances of worker with supervisor to identify and resolve problem.
- 7) Prepares division budget estimates, identifying operating cost, procurement of motor vehicles, replacement parts and materials, and cost of outside contractual services.
- 8) Directs preparation of technical specifications for police vehicles to be purchased and submits to purchasing department.
- 9) May be designated according to rank as Motor-Equipment Captain; Motor-Equipment Lieutenant; Motor-Equipment Sergeant.
Is being a "COMMANDING OFFICER, MOTOR EQUIPMENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COMMANDING OFFICER, MOTOR EQUIPMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COMMANDING OFFICER, MOTOR EQUIPMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COMMANDING OFFICER, MOTOR EQUIPMENT"
Job Number: 2150