"COMMANDER, IDENTIFICATION AND RECORDS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in gathering, cataloging, and identifying evidence, and maintaining police department records: Conceives, develops, and installs police record keeping and cross-filing system to ensure ready retrieval.
- 2) Directs exchange of criminal records by mail or facsimile transmission between department and local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- 3) Maintains evidence file of active criminal cases.
- 4) Assigns POLICE OFFICER, IDENTIFICATION AND RECORDS to duties according to departmental work load.
- 5) Reviews informational requests to determine whether release of information on cases to public is in accord with law and department policy.
- 6) Directs subordinates in preparation of statistical and activity records and reviews reports for accuracy prior to release.
- 7) Analyzes and resolves work problems or supervises subordinates in resolving problems.
- 8) Prepares budget for unit and submits to POLICE CHIEF for review.
- 9) May perform duties of subordinate officers.
Is being a "COMMANDER, IDENTIFICATION AND RECORDS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COMMANDER, IDENTIFICATION AND RECORDS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COMMANDER, IDENTIFICATION AND RECORDS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COMMANDER, IDENTIFICATION AND RECORDS"
Job Number: 2145