Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes news and writes column or commentary, based on personal knowledge and experience with subject matter, for publication or broadcast: Gathers information and develops subject perspective through research, interview, experience, and attendance at functions, such as political conventions, news meetings, sports events, and social activities.
- 2) Analyzes and interprets information to formulate and outline story idea.
- 3) Selects material most pertinent to presentation, organizes material into acceptable media form and format, and writes column or commentary.
- 4) Records commentary or presents commentary live when working in broadcast medium.
- 5) May be required to develop material to fit media time or space requirements.
- 6) May analyze current news items and be designated News Analyst.
- 7) May be designated according to medium worked in as Columnist; Commentator.
- 8) May specialize in particular field, such as sports, fashion, society, or politics.
- 9) May analyze topics chosen by publication or broadcast facility editorial board.
- 10) May enter information into computer to prepare commentaries.
Is being a "COLUMNIST/COMMENTATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COLUMNIST/COMMENTATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COLUMNIST/COMMENTATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COLUMNIST/COMMENTATOR"
Job Number: 2135