Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops color formulas for printing textile and plastic materials and compares customer's sample with standard color card, or blends pigments into vinyl solution and compares results with sample to determine formula required to duplicate colors.
- 2) Selects dyes according to properties desired by customer.
- 3) Records color formula and issues formula and mixing procedure to SUPERVISOR, COLOR-PASTE MIXING for assignment to appropriate workers.
- 4) Prepares color sequence chart to guide CLOTH PRINTER in setting up printing machine.
- 5) Compares printed patch with customer's sample to verify color shade and position of design.
- 6) Files folder containing color patch and formula for each design for use as printing standard.
- 7) Coordinates color shop activities with printing department production schedule.
- 8) May inspect printed material to ensure adherence to customer and plant specifications.
- 10) May inventory and requisition supplies.
Is being a "COLORIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COLORIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COLORIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COLORIST"
Job Number: 2130