Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates equipment to wind steel strip into coils as strip emerges from rolling mill or continuous annealing, pickling, or tempering lines: Moves controls to synchronize coiling machine speed and action of machine guides, gates, and rolls with feed tables and conveyors.
- 2) Examines strip surface for scale, weld defects, and specified oil coating.
- 3) Verifies specified width and gauge of strip, using measuring tape and micrometer.
- 4) Cuts strip into specified lengths, cuts defects from strip, and cuts excess metal from welds, using power shear and weld notcher.
- 5) Moves controls to transfer coils onto conveyor for automatic bundling and piling.
- 6) May assist mill crew in making roll changes and in adjusting or replacing equipment on rolling line, using handtools.
Is being a "COILER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COILER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COILER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COILER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2077