Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects existing residential buildings and dwelling units, visually, to determine compliance with city ordinance standards and explains ordinance requirements to concerned personnel: Obtains permission from owners and tenants to enter dwellings.
- 2) Visually examines all areas to determine compliance with ordinance standards for heating, lighting, ventilating, and plumbing installations.
- 3) Measures dwelling units and rooms to determine compliance with ordinance space requirements, using tape measure.
- 4) Inspects premises for overall cleanliness, adequate disposal of garbage and rubbish, and for signs of vermin infestation.
- 5) Prepares forms and letters advising property owners and tenants of possible violations and time allowed for correcting deficiencies.
- 6) Consults file of violation reports and revisits dwellings at periodic intervals to verify correction of violations by property owners and tenants.
- 7) Explains requirements of housing standards ordinance to property owners, building contractors, and other interested parties.
Is being a "CODE INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CODE INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CODE INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CODE INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 2059