Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs shoes damaged in manufacturing process: Inspects shoe or reads ticket to determine defects.
- 2) Removes damaged parts, using handtools, such as knife, hammer, lasting tool, prying tool, and tack puller.
- 3) Operates stitching machine or stitches by hand to repair broken or missed stitches and to replace parts.
- 4) Relasts shoe to remove defects, such as wrinkles from outer parts, bunching of inner parts, and crooked seams.
- 5) Aligns and cements parts, such as edges, bindings, heels, soles, and uppers of shoe by hand.
- 6) May fill holes and cracks in shoes, using colored wax filler.
- 7) May be designated according to part of shoe repaired as Cobbler, Sole; Cobbler, Upper; Lining Repairer; or according to method of shoe construction as Cobbler, McKay.
Is being a "COBBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COBBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COBBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COBBLER"
Job Number: 2049