Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to size, coat, and emboss fabrics, such as felt or cloth: Places roll of material onto feed holder of machine.
- 2) Threads end through tandem arrangement of calender, sizing, coating, embossing, and drier units.
- 3) Attaches end to rewind spindle.
- 4) Turns handwheels to admit steam that moistens material and to admit steam into calender rolls to heat rolls.
- 5) Fills troughs with specified sizing and coating solutions and turns screws to adjust doctors.
- 6) Turns calibrated dial knobs to adjust airflow and temperature in drying ovens.
- 7) Positions and locks engraved shells on embossing rolls.
- 8) Turns screws or inserts shims to adjust pressure of roller on material.
- 9) Turns knob to synchronize speed of machines and conveyors.
- 10) Positions feed guides, tightens guides with wrench, and starts machine.
- 11) Examines sample run to determine conformity to specifications.
- 12) May place additional rolls of material into feed holders to produce laminated fabrics.
Is being a "COATING-AND-EMBOSSING-UNIT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COATING-AND-EMBOSSING-UNIT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COATING-AND-EMBOSSING-UNIT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COATING-AND-EMBOSSING-UNIT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2034