Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that automatically applies and bakes enamel or other coating onto fabricated steel products: Fills machine reservoir with coating solution, such as lacquer, enamel, or varnish.
- 2) Starts conveyor or feed rolls that carry products to be coated and baked, through equipment.
- 3) Sets heating unit at specified temperature and starts pumps and exhaust fans.
- 4) Feeds products onto conveyor or between feed rolls that apply coating.
- 5) Examines products emerging from baking unit for conformance to coating thickness and appearance specifications.
- 6) May mix coating to prescribed viscosity, using viscometer.
- 7) May gauge thickness of coating to determine adherence to quality control specifications, using dial indicator.
- 8) May be designated according to equipment or process employed as Flash-Oven Operator; Operator, Coating Furnace; or according to product coated as Coating-Machine Operator, Metal Tags And Signs.
Is being a "COATING-AND-BAKING OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COATING-AND-BAKING OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COATING-AND-BAKING OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COATING-AND-BAKING OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2033