Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates range consisting of units, such as troughs, pickup roller, curing oven, and tenter frame, to apply coatings, such as rubber, pyroxylin, or foam to fabrics, such as carpeting or upholstery material, and to dry coating: Sews end of cloth to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine, or threads end of fabric through rolls of machine.
- 2) Starts pump to admit solution into trough.
- 3) Observes operation to detect skewed cloth and pushes buttons to control speed of rollers that hold back or advance selvages to straighten cloth.
- 4) Measures cloth emerging from tenter frame to determine if cloth has been stretched and dried to specified width.
- 5) Turns handwheel to adjust distance between tenter chains.
- 6) Turns switches to regulate speed of machine and temperature of drying cabinet, and turns setscrew to set doctor blade for various cloth styles.
- 7) Tests viscosity of coating solution with viscosimeter and adds solvent or coating ingredients to bring solution to specified viscosity.
- 8) Doffs trucks of dry cloth at swing-folding attachment.
- 9) May operate machine equipped with condenser to recover evaporated solvent.
- 10) May operate range to apply backing to carpeting.
- 11) May tend beamer that winds packages of fabric onto beams of continuous length to facilitate further processing.
Is being a "COATER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COATER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COATER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COATER"
Job Number: 2022