Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that winds cloth from one form to another to facilitate further processing: Threads cloth from supply truck, bale, or roll through guides and rollers to takeup roll, tube, or rod, or sews cloth to end of leader in machine, using sewing machine.
- 2) Turns handwheel to adjust width guides.
- 3) Starts machine and observes cloth to detect irregular seams and torn selvages.
- 4) Pushes lever to control tension on cloth and speed of machine.
- 5) Cuts out flaws and combines several cuts of cloth to form one roll, sewing ends with portable sewing machine.
- 6) Records yardage clock reading on order ticket.
- 7) Removes full rolls from machine onto handtruck by hand or using hoist.
- 8) May wrap cloth roll for storage or shipping.
- 9) May be designated according to process for which cloth is being wound as Boiling-Off Winder; type of material wound as Carpet Winder; or type of winding machine used as Reeling-And-Tubing-Machine Operator.
Is being a "CLOTH WINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH WINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH WINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH WINDER"
Job Number: 1987