Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that wash or treat cloth with chemicals preparatory to or after processes, such as bleaching, dyeing, printing, and finishing: Pushes truck of cloth into feeding position or mounts roll of cloth on shaft at feed-end of machine.
- 2) Sews end of cloth to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine.
- 3) Turns valves to admit water, detergents, caustic, acids, steam, or other chemicals into washing tanks according to specifications.
- 4) Starts machine and observes flow of cloth through machine to detect tears in cloth.
- 5) Stops machine, disentangles tear-outs, and knots selvages of torn cloth by hand.
- 6) Tests solutions in washing tanks by titration or using litmus paper or hydrometer.
- 7) Adds water, detergents, or chemicals to washing tanks to dilute or strengthen solutions as indicated by tests.
- 8) May be designated according to chemicals used in washing tanks as Acid-Washer Operator; Naphthol-Soaping-Machine Operator; according to objective of washing as Cloth Neutralizer; or according to type of cloth as Back-Gray-Cloth Washer.
- 9) May tend machines consisting of series of tanks that process cloth in open-width or rope form.
- 10) Important variables may be indicated by trade names of machines used.
Is being a "CLOTH-WASHER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH-WASHER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH-WASHER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH-WASHER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2006