"CLOTH TRIMMER, MACHINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine equipped with rotary blades that trim loose threads from selvage of cloth: Segregates cloth according to type and width.
- 2) Turns wheel to set width and tension guides on machine for each batch.
- 3) Inserts rod into center of cloth roll and lifts roll onto machine brackets.
- 4) Sews cloth end to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine.
- 5) Observes cloth feeding into scray or over inspection board to detect torn selvages, holes, or soils, and cuts out torn sections, or identifies defects with adhesive stickers.
- 6) Ravels seam to separate roll of trimmed cloth and doffs roll, using hoist, or by pushing it onto platform.
- 7) Starts cloth winding onto new beam or tube.
- 8) May verify yardage in rolls.
- 9) May work as member of team to creel and doff cloth rolls.
Is being a "CLOTH TRIMMER, MACHINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH TRIMMER, MACHINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH TRIMMER, MACHINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH TRIMMER, MACHINE"
Job Number: 1986