Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs standardized chemical and physical tests on samples of cloth to verify adherence to specifications: Compares test results with specimens of cloth or prepared standard cards, graphs, or tables.
- 2) Examines cloth microscopically or through magnifying glass to determine number of threads per inch, whether woven, warped or knitted, and to identify type of fibers, such as wool, nylon, cotton, polyester, acrylic, or a blend.
- 3) Tests cloth for weight, fastness of dye, color, type of material, tensile strength, shrinkage, absorbency, or fire retardency, using special testing devices, chemicals, water, heat, drying oven, dehumidifier and scale.
- 4) May test items, such as buttons, buckles, bindings, webbing, laces, and threads.
- 5) May mix and apply chemicals to remove stains from garments or fabric soiled in manufacture or transit.
Is being a "CLOTH TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH TESTER"
Job Number: 1984