Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests cloth sample to determine potential shrinkage of sample in order to establish shrinking machine settings, and to verify effectiveness of shrinking process: Marks cloth sample at measured intervals, using template.
- 2) Loads samples into washing drum and adds detergents.
- 3) Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses samples and extracts excess water.
- 4) Removes samples from machine at end of washing cycle and presses samples, using flatbed ironer.
- 5) Measures distance between markings on cloth, using yardstick, and computes average shrinkage of length and width.
- 6) Converts amount of shrinkage into machine settings, using conversion tables.
- 7) Records measurements, cloth lot and style number, and machine settings on work ticket for use by CLOTH-SHRINKING-MACHINE OPERATOR.
- 8) Cuts samples from cloth after shrinking and tests cloth to verify that material meets shrinkage specifications.
Is being a "CLOTH-SHRINKING TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH-SHRINKING TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH-SHRINKING TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH-SHRINKING TESTER"
Job Number: 2002