Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine to print designs on materials, such as cloth, fiberglass, plastic sheeting, coated felt, or oilcloth: Turns handwheel to set pressure on printing rollers, according to specifications.
- 2) Turns screws to align register marks on printing rollers with register marks on machine, using allen wrench.
- 3) Sharpens doctor blade, using file and oilstone, and verifies evenness of blade, using straightedge.
- 4) Aligns doctor blade against printing roller, using handtools.
- 5) Dips color from tubs into color boxes to supply printing rollers.
- 6) Scans cloth leaving machine for printing defects, such as smudges, variations in color shades, and designs that are out of register.
- 7) Realigns printing rollers and adjusts position of blanket or back gray cloth to absorb excess color from printing rollers.
- 8) Records yardage of cloth printed.
- 9) Coordinates printing activities with activities of workers who feed and doff machine and aid in setting up and cleaning machine.
- 10) May notify COLORIST when color shade varies from specifications.
- 12) May mount printing rollers on machine for change of pattern.
- 13) May position knives specified distance from edge of plastic material to trim excess material from edges.
- 14) When printing samples of new patterns and novelty designs, is designated Novelty-Printing-Machine Operator or Proofing-Machine Operator.
- 15) May set up and operate cloth printing machine utilizing caustic soda paste instead of color paste to print designs on cloth which shrink to form plisse and be designated Plisse-Machine Operator.
Is being a "CLOTH PRINTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH PRINTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH PRINTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH PRINTER"
Job Number: 1978