Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends feed-end of range that applies size, starch, water-repellent, wrinkle resistant, or other chemical finishes to cloth, stretches cloth to specified width, and dries finished cloth: Positions truck of folded cloth at feed-end of machine or inserts rod through cloth roll and pushes roll onto brackets.
- 2) Sews cloth end to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine.
- 3) Turns valve to permit flow of finish to trough under mangle.
- 4) Turns handwheels and knobs to control temperature of drying cans and movement of cloth through range, and to adjust width and tension guides.
- 5) Observes cloth entering machine to detect flaws, such as holes and torn selvages.
- 6) Cuts out flaws, using scissors.
- 7) When back-filling cloth with starch, positions doctor at specified angle to scrape excess starch from cloth.
- 8) Cleans and greases machines.
- 9) May be designated according to type of finish applied as Back Sizer; Waterproofing-Machine Operator.
Is being a "CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1994