"CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR, CHIEF"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls range consisting of units, such as chemical or dye pads, washboxes, steamboxes, J-boxes, tenter frames, curing ovens, and drying cans to desize, bleach, dye, or finish cloth and other textile goods: Lines up cloth to be processed according to priority, style, and width.
- 2) Gives directions to CLOTH FEEDER; CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE TENDER; and BACK TENDER engaged in tending range units to ensure that desizing, bleaching, dyeing, or other finishing processes conform to specifications.
- 3) Tests chemical solutions by titration or with hydrometer to detect variation in strength and notifies mixing department to add required quantity of chemicals or water according to test results and specifications.
- 4) Observes control panel and equipment to detect faulty operation and adjusts controls to synchronize motor-driven rollers.
- 5) Records test results, style numbers, and yardage of cloth processed.
- 7) May be designated according to process controlled as Cloth-Bleaching-Range Operator, Chief; Cloth-Desizing-Range Operator, Chief; Cloth-Dyeing-Range Operator, Chief.
Is being a "CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR, CHIEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR, CHIEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR, CHIEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH-FINISHING-RANGE OPERATOR, CHIEF"
Job Number: 1995