"CLOTH EXAMINER, HAND"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines finished cloth for defects, such as grease spots, tears, and variations in color, finish, and dimensions: Measures width of cloth with ruler to detect variations from customer and plant standards.
- 2) Turns through cloth folds or pulls cloth over inspection frame and feels and scans cloth to detect defects and variations in color and finish.
- 3) Cuts defects from cloth, using scissors, or marks defects with chalk, thread, or label to indicate yardage allowance for defects.
- 4) Records yardage for each cut of cloth examined.
- 5) Routes cloth that does not conform to customer and plant specifications to CLOTH GRADER.
- 6) May tear sample strip from each cut of cloth.
- 7) May count folds to determine yardage in each cut of cloth.
- 8) May be designated according to specialization as Cloth-Colors Examiner; Cloth-Cutting Inspector.
Is being a "CLOTH EXAMINER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH EXAMINER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH EXAMINER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH EXAMINER, HAND"
Job Number: 1969