Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Originates designs for fabrication of cloth, specifying weave pattern, color, and gauge of thread, to create new fabrics according to functional requirements and fashion preferences of consumers: Develops new ideas for fabrics, utilizing knowledge of textiles and fashion trends.
- 2) Consults with technical and merchandising staff to obtain design ideas, and to estimate consumer acceptance of new types of fabrics.
- 3) Sketches designs for patterns on graph paper, using water colors, brushes, pens, and rulers, or prepares written instructions to specify details, such as finish, color, and construction of fabric.
- 4) Examines fabricated sample on loom and modifies design as required.
- 5) May be designated according to product designed as Rug Designer; Woven-Label Designer.
Is being a "CLOTH DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLOTH DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLOTH DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLOTH DESIGNER"
Job Number: 1965