Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Diagnoses or evaluates mental and emotional disorders of individuals, and administers programs of treatment: Interviews patients in clinics, hospitals, prisons, and other institutions, and studies medical and social case histories.
- 2) Observes patients in play or other situations, and selects, administers, and interprets intelligence, achievement, interest, personality, and other psychological tests to diagnose disorders and formulate plans of treatment.
- 3) Treats psychological disorders to effect improved adjustments utilizing various psychological techniques, such as milieu therapy, psychodrama, play therapy and hypnosis.
- 4) Selects approach to use in individual therapy, such as directive, nondirective, and supportive therapy, and plans frequency, intensity, and duration of therapy.
- 5) May collaborate with PSYCHIATRIST , and other specialists in developing treatment programs for patients.
- 6) May instruct and direct students serving psychological internships in hospitals and clinics.
- 7) May develop experimental designs and conduct research in fields of personality development and adjustment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders.
- 8) May serve as consultant to industrial, social, educational, welfare, and other agencies on individual cases or in evaluation, planning, and development of mental health programs.
- 9) May specialize in behavior problems and therapy, crime and delinquency, group therapy, individual diagnosis and therapy, mental deficiency, objective tests, projective techniques, or speech pathology.
Is being a "CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST"
Job Number: 1949