Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts religious worship and performs other spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faith or denomination as authorized, and provides spiritual and moral guidance and assistance to members: Leads congregation in worship services.
- 2) Prepares and delivers sermons and other talks.
- 3) Interprets doctrine of religion.
- 4) Instructs people who seek conversion to faith.
- 5) Conducts wedding and funeral services.
- 6) Administers religious rites or ordinances.
- 7) Visits sick and shut-ins, and helps poor.
- 8) Counsels those in spiritual need and comforts bereaved.
- 9) Oversees religious education programs.
- 10) May write articles for publication and engage in interfaith, community, civic, educational, and recreational activities sponsored by or related to interest of denomination.
- 11) May teach in seminaries and universities.
- 12) May serve in armed forces, institutions, or industry and be designated Chaplain.
- 13) When in charge of Christian church, congregation, or parish, may be designated Pastor or Rector.
- 14) May carry religious message and medical or educational aid to nonchristian lands and people to obtain converts and establish native church and be designated Missionary.
Is being a "CLERGY MEMBER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLERGY MEMBER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLERGY MEMBER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLERGY MEMBER"
Job Number: 1939