"CLAY-STRUCTURE BUILDER AND SERVICER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Builds and replaces clay structures that control flow and temperature of molten glass in melting tanks and drawing kilns: Bolts sections of specified wooden mold together, using wrench, and lines assembled mold with paper to prevent adherence of clay to wooden mold.
- 2) Dumps and tamps clay in mold, using tamping tool.
- 3) Disassembles mold and covers clay structure with damp burlap to prevent rapid drying.
- 4) Cuts, chips, and smooths molded clay to form such structures as floaters, shutoff bars, drawbars, and L-blocks, using square, rule, and handtools.
- 5) Transfers clay structures to curing ovens, melting tanks, and drawing kilns, using electric forklift truck.
- 6) Installs clay structure replacements in melting tanks and drawing kilns, using chain hoists and handtools.
- 7) Cleans out openings of melting tanks, using airhose.
- 8) May mix clay for structures.
Is being a "CLAY-STRUCTURE BUILDER AND SERVICER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLAY-STRUCTURE BUILDER AND SERVICER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLAY-STRUCTURE BUILDER AND SERVICER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLAY-STRUCTURE BUILDER AND SERVICER"
Job Number: 1910