Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Classifies library materials, such as books, audiovisual materials, and periodicals, according to subject matter: Reviews materials to be classified and searches information sources, such as book reviews, encyclopedias, and technical publications to determine subject matter of materials.
- 2) Selects classification numbers and descriptive headings according to Dewey Decimal, Library of Congress, or other classification systems.
- 3) Makes sample cards containing author, title, and classification number to guide CATALOG LIBRARIAN in preparing catalog cards for books and periodicals.
- 4) Assigns classification numbers, descriptive headings, and explanatory summaries to book and catalog cards to facilitate locating and obtaining materials.
- 5) Composes annotations of material content.
Is being a "CLASSIFIER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLASSIFIER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLASSIFIER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLASSIFIER"
Job Number: 1902