"CLASSIFIED-AD CLERK I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Receives orders for classified advertising for newspaper or magazine by telephone or in person: Talks to customer to determine wording and dates of publication of classified advertisement.
- 2) Determines word, line, or day rates, using rate schedule, and calculates total charge for customer.
- 3) Assigns box number for anonymous advertisements.
- 4) Collects payments for advertisements.
- 5) Writes order form to customer's specification and transmits to production personnel for publication.
- 6) Writes receipts and keeps records of transactions.
- 7) May mark advertising that has expired and indicate number of days other advertisements are to continue.
- 8) May record customer's request for cancellations or corrections of classified advertisement.
- 9) May solicit orders for classified advertisements over telephone.
- 10) When taking order over telephone, may be designated Telephone Ad Taker.
Is being a "CLASSIFIED-AD CLERK I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLASSIFIED-AD CLERK I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLASSIFIED-AD CLERK I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLASSIFIED-AD CLERK I"
Job Number: 1898