Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Investigates claims against insurance or other companies for personal, casualty, or property loss or damages and attempts to effect out-of-court settlement with claimant: Examines claim form and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- 2) Interviews, telephones, or corresponds with claimant and witnesses; consults police and hospital records; and inspects property damage to determine extent of company's liability, varying method of investigation according to type of insurance.
- 3) Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement with claimant.
- 4) Recommends litigation by legal department when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- 5) May attend litigation hearings.
- 6) May be designated according to type of claim adjusted as Automobile-Insurance-Claim Adjuster; Casualty-Insurance-Claim Adjuster; Fidelity-And-Surety-Bonds-Claim Adjuster; Fire-Insurance-Claim Adjuster; Marine-Insurance-Claim Adjuster; Property-Loss-Insurance-Claim Adjuster.
Is being a "CLAIM ADJUSTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CLAIM ADJUSTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLAIM ADJUSTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLAIM ADJUSTER"
Job Number: 3687