"CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists CIVIL ENGINEER in application of principles, methods, and techniques of civil engineering technology: Reviews project specifications and confers with CIVIL ENGINEER concerning assistance required, such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, evaluation of field conditions, design changes, and reports.
- 2) Conducts materials testing and analysis, using tools and equipment and applying engineering knowledge necessary to conduct tests.
- 3) Prepares reports detailing tests conducted and results.
- 4) Surveys project sites to obtain and analyze topographical details of sites, using maps and surveying equipment.
- 5) Drafts detailed dimensional drawings, such as those needed for highway plans, structural steel fabrication, and water control projects, performing duties as described under DRAFTER Master Title.
- 6) Calculates dimensions, profile specifications, and quantities of materials such as steel, concrete, and asphalt, using calculator.
- 7) Inspects construction site to determine conformance of site to design specifications.
- 8) May assist engineers to ensure that construction and repair of water and wastewater treatment systems meet pollution control requirements.
Is being a "CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 1876