Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, designs, and directs civil engineering projects, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation systems, pipelines, and powerplants: Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- 2) Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data, applying knowledge and techniques of engineering, and advanced mathematics.
- 3) Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- 4) Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- 5) May direct construction and maintenance activities at project site.
- 6) May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- 7) May be designated according to specialty or product.
Is being a "CIVIL ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CIVIL ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CIVIL ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CIVIL ENGINEER"
Job Number: 1875