"CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more single- or multiple-spindle horizontal chucking machines to perform series of machining operations, such as turning, boring, threading, and facing, on metal workpieces, such as castings, forgings and bar stock, according to specifications, tooling instructions, standard charts, and knowledge of turning procedures: Reads blueprint, job order, tooling instructions, or standard charts to determine product specifications, work-holding arrangement, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- 2) Attaches specified chuck or chuck jaws to headstock, using wrenches.
- 3) Moves controls, cams, and stops to set rotation speeds and feed rates and to control tool and workpiece movement for specified operations.
- 4) Lifts workpiece manually or using hoist, and positions and secures it in chuck.
- 5) Turns handwheels to position tools in relation to workpiece.
- 6) Turns valve handle and directs flow of coolant against tools and workpiece.
- 7) Starts machine, and moves controls to adjust positions and movements of tools during machine operation.
- 8) Verifies conformance of turned workpieces to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and fixed gauges.
- 9) May be required to decide on station and timing of each operation to assure efficient use of tools and time.
- 10) May set up automatic device to feed workpieces to machine.
- 11) May compute such data as dimensions, rotation speeds, and feed rates, using knowledge of shop mathematics and metal properties.
- 12) Important variations are custom or production work; size or trade name of machine operated; types of metals or products machined; or work site.
- 13) May set up machines for other workers.
Is being a "CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1840