"CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE, VERTICAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more multiple-spindle vertical chucking machines to perform series of machining operations, such as turning, boring, threading, and facing on metal workpieces, such as castings, forgings, and bar stock, according to specifications, tooling instructions, standard charts, and knowledge of turning procedures: Reads blueprint, job order, tooling instructions, and standard charts to determine product specifications, work-holding arrangement, and cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- 2) Visualizes movements of machine parts, workpieces, and tools in each operation in relation to others, and decides on station and timing of each operation to assure efficient use of tools and time.
- 3) Installs specified chucks or holding fixtures on headstocks, and places and secures workpiece in holding device.
- 4) Positions and secures tools and toolholders to toolheads.
- 5) Moves controls, stops, and cams to set specified rotation speeds and feed rates, and to control timing and action of tools at each station.
- 6) Starts machine, turns valve handle, and directs flow of coolant against tools and workpieces.
- 7) Stops machine and verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications after initial machining operation, using fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- 8) May compute such data as dimensions, rotation speeds, feed rates, tool setting angles, and machining times, using knowledge of shop mathematics and metal properties.
- 9) May work on nonmetallic materials, such as plastics.
- 10) May set up and operate machine to machine first-run workpiece only and be designated Chucking-Machine Setter, Multiple Spindle, Vertical.
- 11) May be required to have experience with particular material or product, or with machine of particular size, type, or trade name and be designated accordingly.
Is being a "CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE, VERTICAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE, VERTICAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE, VERTICAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHUCKING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE, VERTICAL"
Job Number: 1841