Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that reduces log slabs, stump wood, trimmings, and other scrap wood to chips of uniform size for making paper pulp and charcoal, and for use in wood distilling: Starts conveyor system that feeds wood into hopper of chipping machine.
- 2) Positions pieces of wood on conveyor, using picaroon to prevent congestion and to regulate flow.
- 3) May replace worn and bent knives, and adjust knives to vary size of chips, using handtools.
- 4) May examine wood on feed conveyor for conformity to specified standards and remove nonconforming wood.
- 5) May stop machine when jams or malfunctions occur, and clears machine or conveyor of wood pieces.
Is being a "CHIPPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHIPPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHIPPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHIPPER"
Job Number: 1813