Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests samples of purchased wood chips, used in making pulp, to determine moisture content and quality: Observes dumping of chips into receiving pit and starts conveyor that transfers chips to screening and storage areas.
- 2) Draws measured sample from conveyor, places chips in drying oven for specified period of time, and records dry weight to determine weight loss.
- 3) Places additional sample of chips in pilot screen to separate unsuitable wood, such as sawdust, slivers, and oversized chunks.
- 4) Removes bark from acceptable portion, reweighs sample, and records data on chip quality form.
- 5) Sweeps and cleans work area.
- 6) May test samples for acidity and freeness, using standard testing equipment.
Is being a "CHIP TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHIP TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHIP TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHIP TESTER"
Job Number: 1806