"CHIEF LIBRARIAN, BRANCH OR DEPARTMENT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates activities of library branch or department, and assists patrons in selection and location of books, audiovisual materials, and other materials: Trains and directs workers in performance of such tasks as receiving, shelving, and locating materials.
- 2) Examines book reviews, publishers' catalogs, and other information sources to recommend material acquisition.
- 3) Searches catalog files, biographical dictionaries, and indexes, and examines content of reference materials to assist patrons in locating and selecting materials.
- 4) May assemble and arrange materials for display.
- 5) May prepare replies to mail requests for information.
- 6) May be designated according to type of library as Chief Librarian, Branch; or according to department as Chief Librarian, Circulation Department; Chief Librarian, Extension Department; Chief Librarian, General Reference Department; Chief Librarian, Music Department; Chief Librarian, Periodical Reading Room; Chief Librarian, Readers' Advisory Service; Chief Librarian, Work With Blind.
Is being a "CHIEF LIBRARIAN, BRANCH OR DEPARTMENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHIEF LIBRARIAN, BRANCH OR DEPARTMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHIEF LIBRARIAN, BRANCH OR DEPARTMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHIEF LIBRARIAN, BRANCH OR DEPARTMENT"
Job Number: 1785