Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting office machine parts and assembled mechanical and electromechanical tape-moistening machines, and inspects materials and purchased machine parts, using precision measuring devices: Confers with assembly supervisors to determine staff assignments at assembly inspection stations and to discuss ongoing inspection results.
- 2) Alerts supervisors when reports indicate major or consistent assembly discrepancies, and meets with punch press supervisor to discuss rejection findings on parts production.
- 3) Examines raw materials for smoothness and to detect surface defects, such as nicks, burrs, pits, and scratches, following blueprints, sketches, and order specifications.
- 4) Tests materials for hardness, using hardness tester.
- 5) Measures materials, using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, and dial indicators.
- 6) Prepares rejection slips indicating reasons materials or parts failed inspection.
- 7) Trains new staff and monitors progress.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "CHIEF INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHIEF INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHIEF INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHIEF INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 1784