Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs activities of workers in engineering department of petroleum production or pipeline company and advises management on engineering problems: Apportions work among engineering staff according to specialized training.
- 2) Reviews engineering designs for neatness and accuracy.
- 3) Directs engineering personnel in formulating plans, designs, cost estimates, and specifications for oil field or pipeline construction, maintenance, and modernization programs.
- 4) Supervises engineering office workers computing operating budgets, compiling reports, and conducting special investigations and studies to evaluate efficiency of engineering programs.
- 5) May apply knowledge of petroleum engineering to coordinate work of engineers engaged in solving problems concerned with environment.
- 6) May be designated according to engineering department supervised as Chief Engineer, Drilling And Recovery; Chief Engineer, Pipeline; Chief Engineer, Production; Chief, Reservoir Engineering.
Is being a "CHIEF ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CHIEF ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CHIEF ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CHIEF ENGINEER"
Job Number: 1781